Sunday, August 28, 2016

Life in NCBA: My First Song


At the 3rd year of my staying at National College of Business and Arts, I have witnessed many activities and events. I was forced to participate in the "Likhang Awit" contest, where you would make your own song. It was at the spur of the moment when I was informed so I am not quite prepared for it. I spent all night coming up with the lyrics and tone. They said find an inspiration. So I asked my self that night, "Inspiration?" and she was the only one I could think of. I recalled all my experiences and moments that revolved around her, and before I knew it, I had created a song. Although it is rushed. I am not good at singing so I had someone to sing it for me. At the day of the competition, I was so nervous. The participants were too good for me. I went out the AVR (the venue) to calm myself down for awhile. I went to the washroom to relax myself, and as I was washing my hands, I received a message from her. She's wishing me good luck. It may seem like a simple good luck, but it really helped me out. My nervousness lessen down, and calmly waited for our turn. Long story short, we did not win. I made a few mistakes with our performance but we managed to get through. Even though we lost, I did not feel down. Maybe it is because for the first time ever, I made my own song. And to think it was about her puts a smile on my face. I may not have won that contest, but I think I won something much better.
(Throwback) A picture of me when I was just learning to play the guitar. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment