Sunday, August 28, 2016

Diary #1: 12th of July


I think this was the busiest year I had ever since I step foot in this school. I became the Auditor of the ABSS (A.B. Scholastic Society) for some unknown reason. Let us begin at the 6th of July. I was at my usual place where my friend and I usually hung out. I mentioned it was the busiest year for me, so I saw a post saying we have a rehearsal for our General Assembly, and it made me scratch the back of my head. "Badtrip." I said in my mind. If you would ask why, it was because I was assigned to be the technical of that event. So I AM REQUIRED to be there. I am not the type to worry too much about things for it tires my mind, So I just set it aside at the back of my mind and just let the night pass by. As I was walking along the empty road to my house, I remembered the troublesome rehearsal again which made me look at the night sky. I saw the dark skies with no stars in sight. The moon was there but it was not as bright as it should be. It calmed me. I reached home, and went to bed hoping the following day would end quickly.
7TH OF JULY. The day of the rehearsal. I was at the stage managing the sound system and the background music as they rehearseD. To be honest, I don't like noise for it pains my head. So ignoring the noise around me, something caught my attention. It was one of the few noises I'm hearing. Although I should have been ignoring it, I started to observe it. Energetic and noisy. Just watching her made me feel tired. I did not actually notice myself, but I was smiling while watching her. I think that was the time where I started to be curious of her. Where does she take all that energy? And where does it come from?
Days passed by, I started to be cautious of that noise. I do not know how, and I do not know why. But sometimes, I just found myself looking at her.And as soon as I realized that I was looking at her most of the time, I quickly look away and hope that no one saw me looking. Until the 12th of July. It was the usual night for me at my usual place. But I was not doing my usual thing for I was doing the work of the Auditor of my organization. I think that was the first time I came in contact with her. Yes, I think that was it. It all began that night. The first time I talked to her was not the typical greetings you usually see like-- "Hi" and "Hello" or "How are you". It was this kind of greeting--

That night ended differently. It was around 12 midnight when I went home but I noticed it was not the usual night I always saw. The empty dark road I usually walked by seemed to be brighter that night. I looked up and saw the moon, it was bright and the stars are scattered in the clear night sky. Everything had changed that night. But little did I know, something changed in me too. I wonder what...

No comments:

Post a Comment