Thursday, September 1, 2016

Free Essay: The Road I walk by


As I walked the road ahead of me, I had came across something that caught my attention. A flower. I had found a flower and picked it up. As the days went by, I continued to walk the road ahead of me and I became  fond of this innocent little flower. For it brings me too much joy and happiness, but what I did not notice was its withering in my own hands. I had found a flower at the time where I do not know how to take care of it. As the flower died in my hands, I was blaming everything around me for losing it, when in fact it was I, who should be blamed for picking it up in the first place. I should have left it where it was but it was all alone. And the fear of someone might take it away one day, I just picked it up and swore to take care of it. When in fact, I do not really know how. I walked the road full of regrets. But time healed me and I began to see a new light. I have learned from my mistakes and vowed to never repeat it ever again. I have learned that mistakes are made for us to learn and grow. I have grown at last, but not at its peak. And as I continue to walk the road, a butterfly flew in front of me. Once again it caught my attention. I was astonished by its beauty so I followed it for awhile. I will not catch it for it might die in my hands again. This time I will wait for it. I will wait for it to fly beside me as I walk along the road ahead of me. And when that time comes, I will show a future brighter than the flowers it used to see. For this little beautiful butterfly, now means a lot to me.

2 comments: